Are you looking for ways to teach your students more effectively? StudyUp.com can help you teach more effectively. We organize all of your lecture plans and activities into a cool, Wikipedia style website, featuring a system that creates relevant links within your lesson plans, and shows filtered lists of all related lesson plans - all for FREE!
It's always free and anyone can join!Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now
Most Popular Articles
Tip of the Day
So why did you leave?
You have been searching for months and finally the interview day arrives. Everything is going well until that dreaded question is put out on the floor. Why did you leave...
Teaching The Writing Process
Need Teaching The Writing Process Teaching Help?
StudyUp can help you get better results from your students by allowing you to store and organize all of your lesson plans online for FREE. StudyUp will also allow you to network with other teachers and share ideas.
Teaching the writing process to preschool kids can be challenging. The children are always eager to learn the process of writing numbers and letters. You must be careful when teaching the young kids as they can get frustrated fast. Try to make process interesting to keep the kids engaged. You must make the learning interesting and encouraging for the kids to enjoy.
Here are some tips to help you teach kids to write numbers and letters:
* When teaching a kid how to write, you should teach one number or letter at a time. Make sure the child can write properly before you proceed to the next letter or number. Use a tablet to write the examples for kid.
* You can have a dotted outline of the number or letter on the kid's book. Then, ask the child to join them in a line. This helps the kid to understand the shape of the number you are teaching them. You should also do that on the tablet as the child observes you.
* Allow the kid to practice in writing the number until they do it correctly. You should encourage them, and be cheerful even if they do not seem to understand fast. Being angry with the child will make them fear to try, which means they won't learn to write.
* You can then teach the kid the next number if they write the first one correctly. Follow thee same procedure when teaching them to ensure quick understanding. Children take time to understand things; so avoid changing your teaching method.
* Do not teach the kid how to write for long hours. Give them a break after every ten minutes. This ensures that they understand and enjoy learning how to write. Long writing lessons may not be productive and will make the child hate the process.
* Teach the kid to count things practically. You can let them count things and then write the number on the paper.
These few tips can help you teach kids how to write numbers and letters properly. Every kid must learn how to write and you can make the process enjoyable for them. Be patient and you will see good results after a few weeks. Never let your temper flare up just because a child can not learn how to write fast.