Are you looking for ways to teach your students more effectively? StudyUp.com can help you teach more effectively. We organize all of your lecture plans and activities into a cool, Wikipedia style website, featuring a system that creates relevant links within your lesson plans, and shows filtered lists of all related lesson plans - all for FREE!
It's always free and anyone can join!Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now
Most Popular Articles
Tip of the Day
Break down the Barriers
Ever wonder what holds people back from changing careers or pursuing a new job? One may think the reasons are numerous but they can actually be broken down into 3...
Teaching In America
Need Teaching In America Teaching Help?
StudyUp can help you get better results from your students by allowing you to store and organize all of your lesson plans online for FREE. StudyUp will also allow you to network with other teachers and share ideas.
Teaching in America is an interesting way to earn an income. The job is filled with fun and you get a good salary that can sustain you and your family. If you have an interest to get a teaching job in America, you can carry out a research. It might sound like a big task, but it one that is worth undertaking. It does not matter that you are from another country. You can follow the right procedure and get the chance to teach here:
1. You should pick the state you want to. America is a wide country. You ought to have an idea about the specific region that interests you. This way, you can narrow down and get to a particular institution. From there, you can start the paperwork that will enable you to secure you the slot.
2. The subjects: Every country has it laws of education. Even more particular are the schools. There are some which offer one type of subject as their specialty. This is a case of colleges. In junior classes, there are many types of topics that you can teach. To qualify for it, you ought to have done studies in relation to these subjects. You are asked for the certificates. To be on the safe side and stand high chances of getting a job, have the papers certified.
3. Compile your resume: You have to show your potential employer that you have worked in this field before. A resume contains your work experience and the physical addresses of these institutions that you have been working in. You should also tell about your education background as well as your personal attributes that make you an appropriate candidate for the job.
4. Get clear references who can be contacted easily. Working in America is a job that calls for a good history in your teaching career. You can only achieve this by giving the contacts of the institutions that you were working for as well as the institution from which you trained.
5. Make several applications: You should place higher chances by sending your resumes to several schools in America. Keep in mind that the interview processes can cut down your chances of getting a job. There is need to gap the bridge by attending several of them. Your strength might not be useful in one institution yet very crucial to another. Many teaching jobs candidates do this and get a job.