Are you looking for ways to teach your students more effectively? StudyUp.com can help you teach more effectively. We organize all of your lecture plans and activities into a cool, Wikipedia style website, featuring a system that creates relevant links within your lesson plans, and shows filtered lists of all related lesson plans - all for FREE!
It's always free and anyone can join!Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now
Most Popular Articles
Tip of the Day
Blog your way to Success
Did you know that starting a good blog can lead to some good career opportunities? It can also be the source for some good, extra income. Becoming a blog writer...
Teaching For Learning
Need Teaching For Learning Teaching Help?
StudyUp can help you get better results from your students by allowing you to store and organize all of your lesson plans online for FREE. StudyUp will also allow you to network with other teachers and share ideas.
Teaching for learning is basically a program which is undertaken by teachers or prospective teachers to learn the right ways or strategies for teaching. The following are some of the key facts relating to teaching for learning.
1. These programs can be conducted for any teacher ranging from the levels of middle school teachers to high school teachers. There are at times even graduates participating who are interested in taking up the teaching profession in the future.
2. These programs are basically workshops which have trained professionals doing the teaching with the help of simulations, some audios and videos as well.
3. The participants or the budding teachers attending these workshops would be explored to different and innovative methods of teaching so that their students find their classes very interesting and do not bunk their sessions.
4. The participants would be viewing some videos for a couple of hours and then would be examining themselves on the parameters stated in the videos in order to understand where do they really stand as teachers and where can they make improvements.
5. The teachers who attend these workshops pay their fees from their own pockets and would have come on their own. But at times the school authorities, keeping the best interest of the school, teacher and the students in mind, sponsor teachers from their schools so that they would be further able to harness their skills and do an even better job as a teacher in their school.
6. The teachers who undergo these workshops get feedbacks from their guides on a regular basis. These feedbacks are based on the feedbacks given by the students belonging to the teacher's class. It is important that the feedback from the students must be constructive and should not have any personal motives involved as such practices would not give the correct assessment of the performance of the teacher.
7. The main objective behind the entire activity is to make the school students enjoy the process of learning.
8. These programs would help the teachers create creative learning environment. The atmosphere of the entire class room would be positive and refreshing.
9. These programs would help you understand how one should manage their students and the entire classroom. They also concentrate on one's coaching skills and how can they be honed or tuned to get a better output in class and also a better response from the students.