Are you looking for ways to teach your students more effectively? StudyUp.com can help you teach more effectively. We organize all of your lecture plans and activities into a cool, Wikipedia style website, featuring a system that creates relevant links within your lesson plans, and shows filtered lists of all related lesson plans - all for FREE!
It's always free and anyone can join!Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now
Most Popular Articles
Tip of the Day
Gain credit for working
If you have been thinking for returning to school to either advance your degree or finish the one that you had already started, looking to work experience credit could prove...
Online Language Teaching
Need Online Language Teaching Teaching Help?
StudyUp can help you get better results from your students by allowing you to store and organize all of your lesson plans online for FREE. StudyUp will also allow you to network with other teachers and share ideas.
Online language teaching is becoming a rage in this fast moving world. Lots of people are resorting to online language teaching jobs or courses as they are not able to quit their current status and dedicate their entire time to teaching or studying. The following are some of the key advantages and disadvantages of online language teaching.
1. The online language teaching tutor or teacher need not go to the students place or institution to teach them the language. They can very well do it from the comfort of their home, office or any other place provided they have the software and hardware in place for the entire online teaching process.
2. As all the teaching is done online, the teachers are not needed to relocate and quit their current jobs. This helps the teachers to continue their current jobs and at the same time do the teaching as well. So it is two jobs and incomes from two sources.
3. There is a comfort level for the teachers as they can set their own timings for the teaching sessions. Most of these online teaching videos are pre recorded and not live. So the teacher can record the video and can send it to their students whenever there is a need.
4. Through online teaching, the teachers get to meet and bond with students from different cities and countries.
5. The qualifications required for becoming an online teacher are pretty much the same as a regular teacher's and there are no additional skills required.
6. Most of the teachers who do online teaching are either regular teachers in a school or are working in some other field. This is an advantage for the students because this not only gives them knowledge but also gives them updated and current knowledge as most of the online teachers are pretty much updated and well aware of the current affairs.
1. The major disadvantage of teaching online is that it is not as effective as regular teaching, especially for teaching languages. Teaching a new language can just not be done through lectures or class room sessions. There are lots of other activities included like games and interactive sessions which need a live instructor and that is not possible with an online instructor.
2. The online instructor would not be able to know the rhythm or the flow of the class during the teaching sessions as everything has been pre-recorded.