Are you looking for ways to improve your grades? StudyUp.com can help you study more effectively. We organize all of your notes into a cool, Wikipedia style website, featuring a system that creates relevant links within your notes, and shows filtered lists of all related notes - all for FREE!
It's always free and anyone can join!Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now
Most Popular Articles
Tip of the Day
Blog your way to a new career
Think blogging is a mindless waste of time that only teenagers and the socially desperate take part in? Think again. Blog can be used for fun but it can also...
Online Biology Text
Need Online Biology Text Study Help?
StudyUp can help you improve your grades by allowing you to store all of your notes online for FREE. Being organized is key to success with school work, let StudyUp help you be better organized!
Now that everything is moving to the computer, including textbooks, you can now study entire books online. Because of the high cost of publishing textbooks for schools combined with the urgent need for books, some students are obtaining their reading materials from the internet. The online books will offer cheaper pricing since they do not have to be printed. Something to remember when obtaining textbooks online are: if the required textbook normally comes with a workbook you may not be permitted to print out the pages to highlight some of the important information. When you own a laptop you can still carry your text with you where ever you go. This is a very good option for easy access to your text.
You will need to have Adobe PDF, which is available at no charge to download onto your laptop or computer. This is the industry standard for viewing and creating e Books, because they are not editable. An added benefit is that the content is easily displayed onscreen and is easy to scroll through. Next, you will need to locate the particular textbook you will need and purchase it. When downloading your textbook don't forget to save it for future use. You may only be allowed access by to your textbook by logging into a Digital Textbook system; this will be dependent on the rules of each publisher.
When you are studying biology you will need to actually learn the concepts as you are taught. Other subjects allow the student to memorize the information. You will not be able to cram for your biology exams and still be successful. In order to learn biology you should follow these guidelines:
* When learning biology vocabulary words learn the root words. This will help you understand and decode new vocabulary words.
* You cannot study for biology in the course of one night, because each concept is built on the previous one. You will need to keep up with all lessons and review for tests instead of trying to learn new materials.
* General concepts need to be tackled before grasping the more specific ones. In other words, start with the big picture and then learn the details.
* Make sure you attend all labs that might be offered to help with theoretical concepts associated with biology; this is also a great hands on approach.
* Review all notes and research new ones, make use of a dictionary.